TITLE: Material Coordinator – $21.93
Location: Distribution Services Unit
515 N. 51st Ave. Phoenix, AZ
Opening Date: 02/28/2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
In this position, you will be an integral part of the leadership team of AIB’s nationally recognized and awarded Military Distribution / Logistics Operations Center in Phoenix Arizona which manages more than ninety (90) million dollars of inventory covering thirty-five (35) million different SKU’s.
Our ISO 9001:2015 certified distribution center handles warehousing and distribution of material owned by the federal government. We support military operations and their customers across the globe with an emphasis on being performance driven and customer focused. As a Material Coordinator, you will share responsibilities with four (4) other Material Coordinators managing a staff of approximately sixty (60) individuals within the distribution center. You will help manage typical warehouse functions such as receiving inbound inventory, picking outbound orders, quality control of picked orders, packing and shipping of completed orders. You will monitor staff progress throughout the day, assist staff when necessary and ensure accurate transaction reporting at the end of the day with an automated warehouse management system. You will also assist in measuring distribution center performance and find ways to improve existing methodologies. This position will work with other supervisors, IT personnel and other managers to extract information utilized in the creation of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Because this position interacts with warehouse supervisors and managers, the position will be based within the warehouse, subject to typical environmental temperature changes. The ideal candidate will have a blend of computer skills, including Word and Excel, demonstrated skill in managing people, inventory management skills and knowledge of automated inventory management software. The ability to effectively communicate with peers and staff is essential. Knowledge of federal government MILSTRIP or EDI transactions are a plus. Position will also support a customer service team responsible for answering email questions from customers concerning tracking numbers, inventory levels, shipping address information and proof of delivery. Extensive time will be utilized navigating the inventory management database to provide answers and ensure daily work is properly completed. An understanding of warehouse operations and safety procedures.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Manage as part of a team, all the activities of warehouse personnel to ensure daily work is completed.
- Manage as part of a team, all employee related issues such as employee evaluations, performance issues, employee motivation and recognition, etc. while adhering to policy.
- Receive and respond via email to questions regarding inventory balances, stock screening requests, delivery verifications, from customer service team or directly from customers.
- Assist in the generation and issuance of Reports of Discrepancy when material is received damaged or a shortage is incurred. Document as necessary.
- Performs quality control checks to ensure standards are being obtained.
- Capable of occasionally assisting staff in their duties when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Supervisor or management level experience with an automated inventory management software system.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of work processes, material flow and general warehouse operations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in a professional manner, both in writing and verbally, to employees and other supervisors.
- Ability to prioritize and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed.
- Six years’ experience with a computerized inventory management system.
- Six years’ experience supervising a team of at least eight (8) staff members.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; B.S degree preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to lift material 40 lbs.
How to Apply: Send resume to Ms. Dana Clayton email@example.com and Mr. Tim Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION EMPLOYER
As an equal opportunity employer, AIB will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, military or veteran status, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs or any other area protected by law.